07 October 2012

Answering The Call

It amazes me how once you start to research and explore your family history, the ancestors seem to come to life. They keep you up late at night as you research trying to find another piece of the puzzle. They linger on your mind like the melody of your favorite song, and whisper clues in your ear at the oddest times. They want you to find them; they want their story told, and they have chosen you to tell it. I have come to know that feeling very well - someone has something to say.

Lately, my Middlebrooks ancestors have been the focus of my research efforts.  The major players in this ancestor story represent my most difficult research challenge to date.  There are only a few clues to go on with no hint of a light at the end of the tunnel; it seems the only thing I can look forward to is another brick wall.

My great, great grandmother, Malinda is at the center of the Middlebrooks mystery, along with her daughters Laura, Melissa and Matilda.  There is also Malinda's son, and my great grandfather, Alexander Middlebrooks and my great, great grandfather Albert Middlebrooks.  But, Malinda is the one nagging at me.  I think she is the key to solving this family mystery.

I started this blog as a place to document my research journey as I attempt to solve the mystery of – The Middlebrooks Of Meriwether County.


1 comments:

Kristin said...

Congratulations on the new blog! I look forward to reading about this side of your family.

Post a Comment